Let your big ideas for your own pub run free as a foundation partner. Your earnings will be based on 30% of weekly drinks sales, but you’ll have the flexibility to choose the food you offer and keep every penny of food sales!
What’s in it for me?
- Live rent-free in the pub
- Have your drinks stock supplied and paid for by Marston’s, not to mention your gas and electric
- Low ingoing costs, starting with just a £5,000 deposit and £360 legal fees. See ‘Things to consider’ for more information.
- Support obtaining your personal licence (with the cost covered by us!)
- Take home 30% of weekly drinks sales
- Keep 100% of the money you make on food and 50% of the profits from any gaming machines
- Earn incentive bonuses based on business performance and standard audits
- Comprehensive induction training and ongoing support and training.
- A dedicated business development manager, working with you to help you grow the business.
- Access to our 450 strong-support teams whenever you need them – including Marketing, Recruitment and Food and Drink specialists.
- Access to our FREE Learning, Development and Training platform Campus (a package worth over £300!).
What we expect from you
Our Foundation Agreement is a proven business-model, perfect if you want your own pub business with the support of an established and local-led pub company.
In addition to the £5k security deposit required for this agreement, you will need to cover legal costs (£360 inc VAT), and your own insurance (except building insurance, which we’ll cover). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters.
We’re on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates (and your own residential Council Tax). Also, start thinking about any internal repairs and decoration you’d like to do to bring the place up to standard and committing to an annual decorating fund.
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial and legal advice and have completed a sustainable business plan, in accordance with the Pubs Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (ask a member of our team about completing your course free of charge with us) and complete your induction training.
It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly.