The Old Thatched Inn
Main St, Stanton under Bardon, Markfield LE67 9TQ
The Old Thatched Inn is situated in the peaceful village of Stanton Under Bardon. With no other pubs in the village, and a rapidly growing new houses in the area, the pub has the whole village to entice in as regular customers. This is an idyllic country pub with two rooms and a snug bar. With the support of a Marston’s pub classics menu and the addition of a carvery that is very popular on Sunday lunch, this as much of a drive to food pub as it a regular drinkers pub and offers something for every part of the community.
Marston’s is looking for a great retailer who wants to be a central part of the local community. The Old Thatched Inn trades well currently with 60/40 wet to dry split. It is important to continue the great standards achieved by the current retailer, and to further cement the links built with the locals.
The stated ingoing figures are correct at point of advertising. Please be aware there may be additional costs.
The Opportunity – The Old Thatched Inn Markfield
- Be your own boss and work from home, with no commute
- Live rent-free with no bills except Council Tax
- Get your personal licence
- Feel incentivised to grow the business and earn more
- Access our support teams whenever you need them – from Beer & Quality Technicians to a dedicated Area Manager and Marketing team
- Give your customers access to the brilliant range of Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals – plenty of it award-winning!
- All of your stock, including food, is supplied for free by Marston’s, although you will be responsible for managing it once it has been delivered
- Call on us to cover the cost of repairs, fixtures and fittings
- Learn all about Business Development Review Planning, Commercial Excellence and more over the first week’s induction training
- Spend the first two days on the job settling in with full supervision on-site
- Enjoy close support from the Marston’s team in the weeks after the initial induction training
Things to consider
In addition to the £5k security deposit and legal fees required for this agreement, you will need to cover your own insurance, except building insurance, which we’ll cover. Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters.
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor, as dictated by the Statutory Pub Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.
It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly but, if you do want to leave early, there’s always the option of six months’ notice with a ‘break’ clause in the contract.
The Old Thatched Inn Markfield
Financial Info – The Old Thatched Inn Markfield
MISREPRESENTATION ACT 1967
The Love Your Pub Group gives notice that the contents of these particulars are believed to be correct but are given without responsibility and intending purchasers or lessees should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise to their correctness. These particulars do not form any part of any offer or contract and no person in the employment of the company has any authority to make or give representation of warranty to this property.