Your trust is important to us and we value the privacy of our online members & online visitors. We want to be clear about the information we collect, how we use it and your rights to control that information.
We have made these updates to reflect the standards established by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a set of laws passed recently in the European Union.
At The Love your Pub Group (“we”, “our”, “us”) respect the privacy of our Members & online visitors (“you”, “your”, “yours”) to our website at www.loveyourpub.co.uk and we recognise the importance of protecting the information we collect.
The Love Your Pub Group is the data controller of the personal data collected by us via our website www.loveyourpub.co.uk
Please note: while this policy applies to this website, it does not apply to any website, company or organisation to which we link. Please ensure you read the privacy notices of other websites before submitting any personal information. We have confirmation from all our data retaining companies detailed below, that they comply with GDPR however we are not the controller of these sites.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly through your use of our website ( www.loveyourpub.co.uk ). This information includes:
- Information you provide to us when you use our website (e.g. your name, email address for Newsletter Membership sign ups)
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other similar tracking technologies such as Google Analytics, when you use our website (e.g. pages you have viewed)
- Billing information, if you make any future purchases (e.g. credit or debit card)
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org direct through your email address)
- Information you provide to us when you enter a competition, promotion or giveaway via our Facebook/Instagram/Twitter or any of our social media platforms you agree to follow/sign up for.
HOW DO WE USE THIS PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us and the permissions you give us for the purposes in which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your request to become a newsletter signed up member with us at The Love Your Pub Group
- To notify you that you have won a competition, promotion or giveaway and deliver the prize to you.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team
- To improve and maintain our website and monitor its usage
- To send you marketing messages where we have your consent to do so
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We rely on the following legal basis, under Data Protection Law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your request)
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query or if you consent to receive marketing from us)
We would like to keep in touch with you and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages via email.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com If you unsubscribe from marketing emails, please note we may still contact you with service messages (e.g. confirmation of newsletter membership sign up).
You may also see advertisements for The Love Your Pub Group on third party websites. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies or other similar tracking technologies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited our website).
Where you see an advert on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. If you no longer want to see tailored advertising, you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and on these third-party websites.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH?
We share our customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our restaurant bookings through ResDiary
- Our Pub On The Market Partners (Pub Co’s & Regional Brewers)
- Our Insurance partner Towergate Insurance
- Our Utilities partner Utilities 4 Less
- Our Finance partner Portman Asset Finance
- Our telecoms partner KSM Telecoms
- Our tax savings partner PFP
- Our offers and members notification through MailChimp
- With third party advertisers, such as Google and Facebook, so that they can display advertising to our target audiences
- With our professional and legal advisors
- In exceptional circumstances, with law enforcement or other governmental authorities (e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request)
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so
WHERE IS MY PERSONAL DATA KEPT AND HOW LONG FOR?
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we require it for the purposes set out above. Therefore, this period will vary depending on your interactions with us (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us), we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes (usually for 7 years). For events bookings your data will be held for 2 years after the date of your event.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (e.g. if you have made a complaint about an item or event) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you click on these links, you will leave our website, and your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy policies of the operators of those websites. The presence of such links to third party websites do not constitute any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by The Love Your Pub Group. You should always read the privacy policies of these websites.
WHAT ARE MY DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, correct and request the deletion of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing emails. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing emails.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Love Your Pub Group
Skylark Golf & Country Club