Looking for some fantastic Rum Distilleries in Hampshire to enjoy this December ? Perhaps you are looking to find that special gift for your loved one and can’t think of what to get them ?
Look no further than the new award winning
The Craft Distilling Expo in collaboration with
TheFloatingRumShack are delighted to announce the
results of the inaugural Rum of the Year Awards. The competition was open to any rum or rum-
based product produced (fermented, distilled, blended or flavoured) in the UK. The competition
received over 50 entries from over 30 different producers.The Results for usSpiced Rum of the YearWinnerPortsmouth Distillery Co. – Cinnabar Spiced RumUnaged Rum of the YearHighly CommendedThe Portsmouth Distillery Co – 1968 White Rum
Cinnabar is a lightly spiced Rum, winner of Best Botanical Spirit at the Craft Distillers Expo, London, 2019.
Winning the International Wines and Spirits Competition with a Bronze award in 2020.
Based on 1968 Rum, spiced with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, Szechuan pepper and orange peel. Sweetened with Costa Rican sugar syrup and a hint of vanilla added prior to bottling, for a delicately flavoured and beautifully clear spirit.
Named after the Cinnabar moth which also calls Fort Cumberland home.
Rum Distilleries In Hampshire – About Portsmouth Distillery
The Portsmouth Distillery Co. is a premium artisan spirit producer. We were established in 2018 and have our home in the fabulous eighteenth century Bastian of Fort Cumberland. Located on Eastney Point on the southeastern tip of Portsea Island – Surrounded by the Sea and Centuries of naval history.
We are delighted to announce that our Tours are up and running – please visit our Tours page for details.
Order online for free local delivery to PO post codes.
We produce a range of spirits for your enjoyment. Buy through our online shop, in person at the Fort or at one of the many events we’re exhibiting at.
- Fort Gin – 2019 IWSC Bronze Medal. Locally foraged botanicals include Elderflower, Gorse Flowers and Sea Radish (Raphanus maritimus).
- Tudor Gin – Our latest product, launched June 2020. Botanicals from a recipe found on the Mary Rose including cherry, hemp seed, dandelion and hazlenuts. A donation from each bottle sold goes to the Mary Rose Trust.
- 1968 White Rum. Made from Sugar Cane syrup, producing a more aromatic flavour.
- Cinnabar Spiced Rum – launched April 2019. Winner of Craft Botanical Spirit, Spirit Expo 2019 and IWSC Bronze in 2020. Named after the red and black coloured Cinnabar moth found at the Fort.
- Forum – “Garden Rum” flavoured with five botanicals, this is a cross over between Rum and Gin.
- Fort Cyder – small batch hand picked Hampshire apples make our Cyder. Next batch now available.
- Aged Rum – we’ve begun to lay down batches of our 1968 to age in oak barrels. Available in mid-2022.
We’re passionate about the artisan spirit movement and giving Portsmouth it’s own distillery for the first time in hundreds of years.
To view Portsmouth Distillery full profile just click here