Nyetimber Lane, Pagham, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 3JX
The Lion Inn is a vibrant community pub in the coastal village of Pagham, West Sussex. A traditional pub thought to date back to the 15th Century, the Lion is at the heart of the community, providing high quality food and regular entertainment.
The stated ingoing figures are correct at point of advertising. Please be aware there may be additional costs.
About the Pub – Lion Inn West Sussex
The Lion Inn West Sussex is a striking building which dates back to the 1400’s and boasts many authentic features including a pair of Inglenook fireplaces. There is a landscaped garden at the front of the pub with a number of large traditional outdoor tables. On entering the pub, there is a spacious dining area with circa 50 traditional covers, and a less formal bar space, leading to a games area with a pool table.
The layout and feel of the pub is traditional. There is a main bar and second small area with full infrastructure including toilets, kitchen and cellar, located conveniently on the ground floor. To the rear of the building is car parking for circa 14 vehicles.
Pagham is a small, busy town of some 6k residents situated on the Sussex Coast near Bognor Regis and Chichester. It is a buoyant community with a high proportion of senior residents but also with significant numbers of young families attracted by local facilities, shops, schools and sports clubs, with Pagham Cricket Club adjacent to the pub. There are numerous holiday parks which add significantly to the customer base during the summer and Pagham’s claim to fame is that it still hosts the world’s oldest Pram Race, attracting thousands of visitors every Boxing Day.
- Fair Maintainable Trade* (FMT) Net Turnover: £758k per annum
- Rent: 8% of Net Turnover, with Target Rent of £60,000 per annum.
- Initial Investment: £50,000
- Wet/Dry split: 70%/30%
- Established successful business
- Historic, characterful pub dating back to 1407
- Diverse range of guests with local regulars and high numbers of tourists
Top Line Figures
- Rent: 8% of Net Turnover, with Target Rent of £60k per annum. Base 85%, capped at 150%.
- Initial Investment: £50,000
- Fair Maintainable Trade* (FMT) Turnover: £758k per annum
Full Investment Breakdown †
- Deposit: £7,500
- Training Fee: £750
- Working Capital: £5,000
- Fixtures & Fittings: TBC but circa £30k. (Inventory is an estimate net of VAT. Loan facilities are available for the purchase of fixtures and fittings).
- Estimated Wet/Dry Split: 70%/30%
- Business Rates: £22,196 per annum
- Available From: Immediately
MISREPRESENTATION ACT 1967
The Love Your Pub Group gives notice that the contents of these particulars are believed to be correct but are given without responsibility and intending purchasers or lessees should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise to their correctness. These particulars do not form any part of any offer or contract and no person in the employment of the company has any authority to make or give representation of warranty to this property.